A beautiful & healthy spring green salad with fresh produce, seeds, avocado & the BEST basil lemon vinaigrette. Enjoy as a main meal, bring it to a party, or pack it for lunch!
- 5 cups organic spinach
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced or diced
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 medium ripe avocado, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Basil Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 1/4 cup lemon juice)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or coconut sugar
- 4 basil leaves, finely chopped
- Freshly ground salt and black pepper, to taste
- To make the basil lemon vinaigrette: Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl until well combined and emulsified. You can also pulse everything together in the food processor. Taste, add salt and pepper and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- There are two ways to enjoy this amazing salad! If you’re serving it at a party, try it on a platter:
- Arrange the greens on a large serving bowl. Arrange the other ingredients in groups on top of the greens. Serve with the basil lemon vinaigrette on the side.
- If you’re serving it for your family, you can place the ingredients evenly in bowls as pictured above and then add the dressing. Up to you! Enjoy!
Prep time:Total time: